Apache Ignite is the Foundation of the GridGain In-Memory Computing Platform
The Apache® Ignite™ open source in-memory computing platform was originally contributed to the Apache Software Foundation by GridGain® Systems. The project rapidly evolved into a top level Apache project with tens of thousands of downloads per month. The GridGain Professional Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Ultimate Edition are built on Apache Ignite. The GridGain Enterprise and Ultimate Editions include additional features built on top of the Apache Ignite platform.
Apache Ignite is a powerful in-memory computing platform which includes:
- An In-Memory Data Grid
- An In-Memory Database
- A Streaming Analytics Engine
- A Continuous Learning Framework for machine and deep learning
- A Persistent Store
- An In-Memory Compute Grid
- An In-Memory Service Grid
- Advanced Clustering
- An Accelerator for Hadoop
- An In-Memory Distributed File System
And much more.