The GridGain Ultimate Edition is for Mission-Critical In-Memory Database Deployments
The GridGain® Ultimate Edition, built on Apache Ignite, is for mission-critical in-memory database (IMDB) use cases. When used as an in-memory or memory-centric database, GridGain enables applications to run up to 1,000 times faster than disk-based databases and scale to petabytes of in-memory data.
The Ultimate Edition features full backup and recovery capabilities plus the functionality, tuning, and robust testing of the GridGain Community Edition. It also includes the security, deployment, management and monitoring, and integration features found in the GridGain Enterprise Edition.
GridGain Ultimate Edition is the only in-memory database that:
- Prevents a database lift-and-shift if first deployed as an in-memory data grid (IMDG)
- Accelerates performance using a general-purpose massively parallel processing (MPP) as a compute grid
- Uses 0-100% RAM as a hybrid IMDB to trade off cost and in-memory performance
- Provides disaster recovery with user-configurable, memory-centric computing capabilities
- Includes native machine learning, deep learning, and TensorFlow integration
With ACID-compliant transactions and ANSI SQL-99 support, the GridGain Ultimate Edition is a powerful in-memory addition for OLTP, OLAP or HTAP use cases. You can deploy GridGain anywhere including on-premises, on public or private clouds, or in hybrid environments.
When using the Transactional Persistence feature, GridGain provides all the capabilities of a distributed transactional SQL and key-value in-memory database. It holds the full dataset on disk across a cluster of server nodes with all or a portion of the dataset also maintained in memory.
GridGain Ultimate Edition Features
The GridGain Ultimate Edition provides all the backup and recovery management tools necessary to support the GridGain Transactional Persistence.
GridGain Centralized Backup and Recovery Management
GridGain Centralized Backup and Recovery allows you to perform, schedule and manage backups and then recover to any point in time on any cluster using a combination of full and incremental backups with continuous archiving. Backups are managed using either the GridGain Web Console or Snapshot Command Line Tool.
GridGain Full, Incremental, and Continuous Backups
GridGain Full, Incremental, and Continuous Backups using the GridGain Web Console or Snapshot Command Line Tool minimize the administrative and hardware costs of backup and recovery by centrally scheduling and performing full and incremental backup creation, deletion, and storage across a distributed cluster.
GridGain Network Backups
GridGain Network Backups, combined with the remote storage of continuous archives, ensure the quick restoration of a cluster even if an entire data center disappears. GridGain Ultimate Edition backups do not need to be stored locally on the same cluster machines used to handle the operational load.
GridGain Point-in-Time Recovery
GridGain Point-in-Time Recovery restores the data back to any point in time up to any change without manually resubmitting or replaying existing transactions that occurred following a full or incremental backup.
GridGain Heterogeneous Recovery
GridGain Heterogeneous Recovery helps control downtime and increase availability by restoring existing clusters to other locations with a different size and topology, dynamically adding nodes to a cluster for scalability, and creating hybrid clusters across any collection of nodes or data centers.
GridGain Enterprise Edition Features
The GridGain Ultimate Edition includes all of the features of the GridGain Enterprise Edition including additional security, deployment, management and monitoring, and integrations needed for mission-critical deployments.
- Security: Enterprise-Grade Security
- Deployment: Network Segmentation Protection, Rolling Production Updates, Data Center Replication
- Monitoring and Management: GridGain Management and Monitoring Tool
- Integrations: Oracle GoldenGate Integration, GridGain Connector for Apache Kafka, GridGain Data Lake Accelerator
GridGain In-Memory Computing Support and Consulting Services
GridGain Systems provides a range of helpful support and consulting services that can help you build, deploy, and manage your GridGain deployment:
- GridGain Support for the GridGain Community, Enterprise and Ultimate Editions includes timely access to our highly knowledgeable support engineers, access to software updates, and much more.
- GridGain Consulting helps your organization configure and optimize GridGain, design architectures, run proof-of-concepts, and much more.
- GridGain Training can be delivered onsite or remotely and customized to the needs of your team.
- GridGain Developer Bundles combine GridGain Support and Consulting services to speed your development efforts.
Get Resources on the GridGain In-Memory Computing Platform
GridGain’s in-memory computing platform powers the digital enterprise, providing the in-memory speed and massive scalability required by data-intensive applications.
For more information about the GridGain in-memory computing platform:
- Download the GridGain datasheet
- Download the Introduction to GridGain In-Memory Computing Platform white paper
- Download The Bloor Group report on GridGain Systems
- Review Review the list of industry-leading GridGain customers
- Listen to GridGain experts present webinars on in-memory computing