GridGain® is an in-memory computing platform which enables users to build modern, scalable, high performance applications. GridGain is inserted as a distributed computing layer between the application and data layers. Application performance is improved 1,000x or more because your full data set is held in RAM, eliminating the need to read data from disk before processing. The system can easily be scaled out by adding more nodes to the cluster to increase the available RAM and CPU pool and allow you to maintain terabytes of data in-memory.
The GridGain in-memory computing solution can improve the performance of your existing SQL, NoSQL and Hadoop databases by orders of magnitude without replacing your existing data stores. GridGain can both accelerate your database and allow you to easily scale out your in-memory computing platform.
GridGain includes an in-memory data grid, in-memory database, and streaming analytics processing. GridGain features ANSI-99 SQL support, including DDL and DML, in addition to ACID transaction guarantees. Native integrations with many open source solutions and databases are also part of the platform.
GridGain for big data applications:
- Persistent Spark RDDs - Spark RDDs are stored in the in-memory GridGain storage, available to share state between Spark jobs and processes
- Apache Spark SQL Acceleration - GridGain can store and index the Spark data set in memory so SQL queries can run much faster compared to running a full scan when executing SQL against the un-indexed Spark data
- Hadoop Acceleration - the Ignite file system (IGFS) can be easily substituted for HDFS which moves your data to memory where it can be processed up to 10x faster than from disk
- Cassandra Ad Hoc SQL Queries - the portion of your Cassandra data which is loaded in GridGain is indexed and can be queried using ANSI-99 SQL
GridGain for common relational database solutions:
- Distributed PostgreSQL - GridGain automatically distributes your database across the nodes of the GridGain cluster, providing scalability, high performance, and high availability which is not possible using standard Postgres
- Distributed MySQL - GridGain automatically distributes your MySQL database over the nodes of the GridGain cluster to provide high availability, high performance, and massive scalability