Digital transformation projects are arguably the biggest initiatives in most commercial companies and public-sector organizations today. The main driver of digital transformation is optimizing the customer experience, since improving this alone can double revenues and more than double profits within a ten-year period.
Digital transformation is a journey that requires:
- Using APIs to open up existing systems and deliver new capabilities consumable by anyone.
- Creating a development process that delivers these new capabilities in days instead of months (or years).
- Adding new technologies that ingest massive amounts of data in real-time to streamline, react to, and improve each step of the customer’s experience.
Many companies successfully achieved these milestones by adopting in-memory computing technologies such as Apache® Ignite™ or GridGain®, the commercially supported version of Ignite. With Ignite and GridGain, companies added:
- Up to 1,000 times the speed and scale
- Hybrid Transactional/Analytical Processing (HTAP)
- Streaming analytics and machine and deep learning
- Increased agility and flexibility
Learn more about the best practices and technologies these companies used to succeed in their digital transformations:
- Part 1: Building a Foundation and Roadmap for Digital Transformation
- Part 2: Adding Speed and Scale to Existing Applications Webinar
- Part 3: Developing New Apps, Channels and APIs Webinar