Video Recordings of Presentations Now Available on Conference Website
SAN FRANCISCO – In-Memory Computing Summit – June 6, 2016 – GridGain Systems, a provider of the enterprise-grade version of the Apache® Ignite™ in-memory data fabric, today discussed the success of the second annual In-Memory Computing Summit (IMC Summit), which took place May 23-24, 2016 at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco. This year’s event was nearly double the size of last year’s, with nearly 400 registered attendees from 11 countries and support from 22 sponsors. The event also featured five keynote addresses, six innovation presentations, and 24 breakout sessions from speakers representing companies such as Target, Barclays, Workday, Intel, and Oracle. Videos of the presentations are now available on the Video tab of the In-Memory Computing Summit website.
“I couldn’t be more pleased with the attendance, the insightfulness of the discussions, and the engagement of everyone at this year’s In-Memory Computing Summit,” said Abe Kleinfeld, President & CEO of GridGain. “The conference has quickly become the industry’s leading forum where attendees can gain a better understanding of the value, underlying technical issues, and future of in-memory computing. We are already looking forward to expanding the event next year.”
A survey of attendees resulted in high praise for the event, including comments on the sessions ranging from “Simple and impressive,” to “Great overview of Ignite. Straightforward, clear and precise,” to “Inspiring to hear where the field is headed.”
Highlighting the conference were five keynotes, including:
- Barclays Vice President and Data Grid Architect Robert Barr on “In Memory Computing for Financial Services: Past, Present and Future”
- 451 Research Analyst for Data Management and Analytics Jason Stamper on “In-Memory: The Foundation of the Internet of Things”
- ScaleMP Chief Operating Officer Benzi Galili on “More Memory for In-Memory? Easy!”
- SMART Modular Technology Director of Marketing and Co-Chair of the SNIA NVDIMM Special Interest Group Arthur Sainio on “NVDIMM – Changes are Here So What’s Next?”
- GridGain President and CEO Abe Kleinfeld on “The In-Memory Computing Landscape: Leading the Fast Data Revolution”
The conference also featured a number of talks focused on in-memory computing innovations. During the event, attendees voted the following as the top two Innovation Presentations:
- Striim CTO and Co-Founder Steve Wikes on “Making IMC Enterprise Grade”
- Neeve Research Founder and CEO Girish Mutreja on “Extreme Transaction Processing in a Memory-Oriented World”
This year’s In-Memory Computing Summit was made possible through the support of sponsors, including:
- Platinum Sponsors – GridGain Systems, Neeve Research, Striim
- Gold Sponsors – PipelineDB, ScaleMP, ScaleOut Software, VoltDB
- Silver Sponsors – EPAM, Hazelcast, MemSQL, Plexistor, Third Eye, YADRO
- Media Sponsors –CMSWire, Crowd Reviews, Datanami, insideBIGDATA, insideHPC, ODBMS.org, O’Reilly
- Foundation / Association Sponsors – Apache Foundation, SNIA
About the In-Memory Computing Summit
The In-Memory Computing Summit 2016 is the only industry-wide event of its kind, tailored to in-memory computing related technologies and solutions. It’s the perfect opportunity to reach technical IT decision makers, IT implementers, and developers who make or influence purchasing decisions in the areas of in-memory computing, Big Data, Fast Data, IoT and HPC. Attendees include CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, VPs, IT directors, IT managers, data scientists, senior engineers, senior developers, database architects and more. It is a unique forum for networking, education and the exchange of ideas — ideas that power the new world and future of Fast Data. For more information, visit http://imcsummit.org/ and follow the event on Twitter @IMCSummit.
GridGain is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering enterprise-grade In-Memory Data Fabric solutions built on Apache® Ignite™. GridGain solutions are used by global enterprises in financial, ecommerce, online business services, telecom, retail, healthcare and other major sectors. GridGain solutions connect data stores (SQL, NoSQL, and Apache® Hadoop®) with cloud-scale applications and enable massive data throughput and ultra-low latencies across a scalable cluster of commodity servers. A converged data platform, the GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric offers the most comprehensive, enterprise-grade in-memory computing solution for high-volume transactions, real-time analytics and hybrid OLTP/OLAP data processing. The company is funded by Almaz Capital, MoneyTime Ventures and RTP Ventures. For more information, visit gridgain.com.
# # #
GridGain is a trademark or registered trademark of GridGain Systems, Inc. Apache, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, and Ignite are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.