GridGain Sees Growth, Adoption and Technology Maturity in 2015
FOSTER CITY, California – March 3, 2016 – GridGain Systems, a provider of the enterprise-grade version of the Apache® Ignite™ in-memory data fabric, today highlighted its continuing momentum during 2015, a year that saw the company double sales; increase adoption in a number of verticals including financial, tech, retail, and healthcare; release multiple new versions of its platform; and host the industry’s first In-Memory Computing Summit in San Francisco. The company’s technology also reached an important milestone when the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) graduated Apache Ignite to a Top Level Project.
"2015 was clearly one of the most successful and rewarding periods in our company’s history, especially given the growing acceptance of in-memory computing and the graduation of Apache Ignite to a Top Level Project," said Abe Kleinfeld, President and CEO of GridGain. "We're gratified and proud about our growth as a company, the increasing adoption of our solution, and the amazing success of our first-ever In-Memory Computing Summit. I'm looking forward to an even better 2016."
- GridGain doubled sales in 2015, continuing its pace of averaging triple-digit growth for the past three years.
- The company also expanded sales into Europe, and landed multiple multi-million dollar engagements with leading financial services companies.
- During 2015, GridGain released several updates to the GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric Enterprise Edition to make the solution easier to use and more flexible, reliable and secure. Key enhancements included:
- Version 7.4 was the first release after Apache Ignite became an ASF Top Level Project. The 7.4 release added security, availability and performance enhancements, as well as new features such as enhanced integration with Apache® YARN™ and Apache® Mesos™, faster JDBC driver implementation, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support, and support for Apache® Log4j2™.
- Version 7.1 added new DevOps management and automation features to help Apache Ignite clusters seamlessly blend into Spark clusters, as well as Mesos- and YARN-based datacenter environments. It also allowed data scientists to easily query in-memory clusters using SQL and to visualize the results with Apache® Zeppelin™ (incubating).
- Version 7.06 added integration and resiliency features to help users simplify cloud integration and conveniently start up resilient Apache Ignite clusters. New features included native integration with Google Compute Engine and Amazon EC2, and Apache® JClouds™ integration.
- Version 7.0 added ease-of-use and automation features, such as JCache support and auto-loading of SQL data, to help simplify the deployment of the software as well as migration from legacy in-memory data grids.
- GridGain also continued to release updated versions of GridGain Community Edition based on the most recent releases of Apache Ignite, featuring optional LGPL dependencies and additional testing by GridGain.
Technology and Apache Ignite Adoption
- In August of 2015, the Apache Software Foundation graduated Apache Ignite to a Top Level Project, signifying that the project's community and products have been well-governed under the ASF's meritocratic process and principles. As the original Apache Ignite developer, GridGain is proud that it supported the technical vision, drove community growth, and ensured good citizenship of the project within the family of Apache projects, all the way to its graduation.
- Since entering the Apache Incubator in October 2014, Apache Ignite has flourished, with code contributions (more than 15,000 commits) from 38 committers and contributors.
- Apache Ignite downloads grew 224% from Q4 2014 to Q4 2015, nearing 100,000 downloads in the last quarter of 2015.
- In June of 2015, GridGain produced the overwhelmingly successful, industry-wide In-Memory Computing Summit (IMC Summit) in San Francisco with a jam-packed agenda including topics on Apache® Spark™, batch and stream pipeline processing, load-and-go in-memory analytics, scalable machine learning pipelines, and the emergence of Non-Volatile Memory (NVM). Featured speakers included Sam Lightstone, Distinguished Engineer and Chief Architect Cloud and Software Data Warehousing at IBM; Eric Frenkiel, CEO and co-founder of MemSQL; Amit Satoor, Senior Director Product and Solution Marketing at SAP; Dr. William Bain, Founder and CEO of ScaleOut Software; Phu Hoang, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of DataTorrent; Yiftach Shoolman, Co-Founder and CTO of Redis Labs, and many more.
- GridGain also announced the second annual In-Memory Computing Summit, taking place May 23-24, 2016, at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco. For more information and to register, visit the conference website.
- For the second consecutive year, GridGain was selected by AlwaysOn as a Global 250 Top Private Company winner. GridGain was also selected by AlwaysOn as an OnCloud Top 100 winner. The AlwaysOn Global 250 and OnCloud Top 100 winners were selected from among thousands of domestic and international technology companies nominated by investors, bankers, journalists and industry insiders. The AlwaysOn editorial team conducted a rigorous three-month selection process to finalize the 2015 lists. GridGain was selected by the AlwaysOn editorial team and industry experts spanning the globe based on five criteria: innovation, market potential, commercialization, stakeholder value and media buzz.
Customers and Published Case Studies
- GridGain customers grew by 42% during 2015 with major customer wins in the financial services, telecommunications, SaaS, drug discovery, and Internet of Things industries.
- In 2015, GridGain published a case study on how the GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric generated an immediate return on investment and created new revenue streams for MercuryGate International, a global SaaS transportation management provider. MercuryGate is using the GridGain solution to increase infrastructure system performance, add horizontal scalability to meet growth demands, and apply new memory management techniques used to build UPS-certified software. GridGain was chosen over solutions from Oracle, Tibco and Hazelcast.
GridGain is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering the enterprise-grade In-Memory Data Fabric built on Apache Ignite™. The solution is used by global enterprises in financial, tech, retail, healthcare and other major sectors. GridGain solutions connect traditional and emerging data stores (SQL, NoSQL, and Hadoop) with cloud-scale applications and enable massive data throughput and ultra-low latencies across a scalable cluster of commodity servers. A converged data platform, GridGain solutions offer the most comprehensive, enterprise-grade in-memory computing solution for high-volume transactions, real-time analytics and hybrid data processing. The company is funded by Almaz Capital, MoneyTime Ventures and RTP Ventures. For more information, visit https://www.gridgain.com.
# # #