Apache Ignite Compute Grid: How to execute high performance, distributed tasks← Training Schedule
This free, two-hour training is for Java developers and architects who want to learn how to utilize the capabilities of Apache Ignite for high performance, scalable computation. The Compute Engine is one of the essential features of Ignite/GridGain that enables different approaches to running compute workloads and processing data. In this training course we will cover the topics of parallel and distributed computing and show the various ways to run tasks over distributed data as well as discussing techniques for delivering high performance at scale.
- A quick reminder of the Ignite basics: clustering, data distribution, affinity
- Introduction to the Compute engine: what can it be used for and how
- Fault tolerance and load balancing
- Multiple techniques of running tasks and simple closures
- Colocating tasks or computations with distributed data for reducing data transfer and/or execution time
- Designing map/reduce tasks, with examples
- Compute patterns for job assignment, continuous mapper, continuations etc.
- Java Developer Kit, version 8 or later
- Apache Maven 3.0 or later
- Your favorite IDE, such as IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, or a simple text editor
If you’re new to Ignite, attend the Apache Ignite Essentials course.
There are no upcoming sessions for this class at this time. New sessions will be added soon. Please check back.