Distributed Computing Fundamentals (hands-on workshop for Java experts)
Join Denis Magda, product manager at GridGain Systems, for an intensive hands-on workshop of in-memory computing essentials for Java developers.
Attendees will be introduced to the fundamental capabilities of in-memory computing platforms that boost high-load applications and services, and bring existing IT architecture to the next level by storing and processing a massive amount of data both in RAM and, optionally, on disk.
The capabilities and benefits of such platforms will be demonstrated with the usage of Apache Ignite, which is the in-memory computing platform that is durable, strongly consistent, and highly available with powerful SQL, key-value and processing APIs.
By the end of the workshop the attendees will learn about:
• Configuring and deploying Apache Ignite clusters
• Partitioning and replication
• Processing distributed data sets using key-value, SQL and compute APIs
• Applying collocated processing concept in practice
• Configuring SQL schemas and tap into SQL language
• Enabling and utilizing persistence
The workshop is based on Java programming language. The attendees should be familiar with the language basics and bring their laptops with a required preinstalled software that will be shared later.