Join us in Manhattan for the next gathering of the NYC In-Memory Computing Meetup! The meetup will be at Spaces - 1740 Broadway, New York on the 15th floor from 6-8 p.m. Our featured speaker will be Glenn Wiebe, Data & Processing IT Practitioner + GridGain solutions architect.
Glenn's talk is titled, "How in-memory computing is being used to modernize government IT."
growth in data volume & velocity, plus the aging of government IT infrastructure, along with the continual drive
to do “more with less” is putting added stress on existing data sources, application development teams and the
applications, tools, and clients that consume this data.
IT modernization increasingly targets legacy databases, and the roadblocks they have become to deliver faster analytics, while holding more volume and more varieties of data. Modernization project are being asked to deliver effective architectures and development patterns for new applications like modern Web apps and new tools for analytic, machine & deep learning .
In-Memory Computing can deliver the real-time performance that modern apps and tools expect at the massive scale of existing / expanding data sources present and do this at speed that is expected in order to drive digital transformation founded on modern analytics and tools your clients expect.
Topics to be covered are:
* Add speed and scale to existing applications using Relational or NoSQL databases with no rip-and-replace
* Perform real-time and streaming analytics at scale, with details of how companies use Apache Ignite and Apache Spark
* Address performance issues with Hadoop and "SQL" for real-time reporting
* Adopt machine and deep learning, both the model training and execution, including TensorFlow
* 6:00 p.m. – Food and drinks
* 6:15 p.m. -- Talk 1 (Glenn Wiebe, Data & Processing IT Practitioner + GridGain solutions architect): "How in-memory computing is being used to modernize government IT."
* 7:00 p.m. -- Talk 2 (Doug Hood, Oracle TimesTen Scaleout evangelist): "How to scale non trivial applications."
* 7:45 p.m. -- Raffle drawings and announcements.
* 8:00 p.m. Finis!
GridGain solutions architect