Keynotes, Breakout Sessions from Industry Leaders and Technology Experts Offer Actionable Advice on Navigating the Trends, Challenges and Solutions of Digital Transformation
FOSTER CITY, Calif. – Oct. 17, 2018 – GridGain® Systems, provider of enterprise-grade in-memory computing solutions based on Apache® Ignite™, today discussed the success of the fourth annual In-Memory Computing Summit® North America, which took place October 2-3, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport. The In-Memory Computing Summits (IMCSs), held annually in Europe and North America, are the only industry-wide events focusing on the full range of in-memory computing technologies and solutions. Nearly 450 people representing 227 organizations from 10 countries across 4 continents and 19 U.S. states registered to listen to speakers from American Airlines, ING Belgium, Intel Corp., Oracle, Salesforce.com, Huawei, SNIA, Wellington Management, GridGain Systems and many more. Recordings and slides from the keynotes and breakout sessions are now available on the conference website.
“This year’s In-Memory Computing Summit North America provided valuable insight into the challenges of digital transformation and how in-memory computing was addressing the speed and scalability issues that arise,” said Terry Erisman, Vice President of Marketing, GridGain Systems. “In-memory computing experts and practitioners shared their experiences and offered practical advice for using in-memory computing to accelerate their own organization’s digital transformation initiatives.”
More than 35 industry leaders delivered five keynote addresses and 35 breakout sessions. The In-Memory Computing Summit North America 2018 keynotes included:
- “In-Memory Computing – Unlocking the Digital Future” by Abe Kleinfeld, President & CEO, GridGain Systems, who discussed how all companies, regardless of industry, are rapidly becoming software companies in their own right, creating a real-time digital twin that virtually models their physical world, and how this will dramatically improve market agility.
- “Embracing the Service Consumption Shift in Banking” by David Follen, Chapter Lead, ING Belgium, who discussed how ING is using in-memory computing platforms to ensure a smooth transition to new technology systems for its customers.
- “Persistent Memory Advances” by Arthur Sainio, Co-Chair, SNIA Persistent Memory and NVDIMM Special Interest Group, and Director, Product Marketing, SMART Modular Technologies, who discussed how the persistent memory technologies being deployed today, including NVDIMMs, and those that are coming will revolutionize development and management tools, platforms and applications.
- “Optimized In-Memory IBOR Architecture in a Cloud Environment Using Apache Ignite” by Rafique Awan, Vice President and Principal at Wellington Management, who discussed how Wellington Management has leveraged the GridGain In-memory computing platform to implement an HTAP architecture for its Investment Book of Record (IBOR).
- “In-Memory Database Architectures at Oracle” by Tirthankar Lahiri, Vice President, Data and In-Memory Technologies at Oracle, who discussed how in-memory databases enable orders of magnitude faster data processing than traditional disk-based designs and Oracle's approach and vision for in-memory database architectures: Real-time in-memory transaction processing with the TimesTen In-Memory Database, real-time in-memory analytics with Oracle Database In-Memory, and real-time analytics on very large flash-resident data using In-Memory columnar algorithms within the Exadata flash cache.
The keynote and breakout session video recordings and slides are available on the In-Memory Computing Summit North America 2018 website.
The In-Memory Computing Summit North America 2018 was sponsored by:
- Platinum Sponsors – Oracle, GridGain Systems
- Gold Sponsor – ScaleOut Software
- Silver Sponsors – Hazelcast, Neeve Research, Heimdall Data
- Association Sponsors – Apache Software Foundation, Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA)
- Media Sponsors – IT for CEOs & CFOs, ITRtv, ODBMS.org, Packt
The Next IMC Summit
The third annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe will take place June 3-4, 2019 at the Park Plaza Victoria in London. Stay tuned for the call for speakers.
About the In-Memory Computing Summit
The In-Memory Computing Summits in Europe and North America are the only industry-wide events tailored to in-memory computing-related technologies and solutions. They are the perfect opportunity to connect with technical IT decision makers, IT implementers, and developers who make or influence purchasing decisions in the areas of in-memory computing, Big Data, Fast Data, IoT and HPC. Attendees include CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, VPs, IT directors, IT managers, data scientists, senior engineers, senior developers, architects and more who make or influence purchasing decisions about in-memory computing, Big Data, Fast Data, IoT and HPC solutions. The Summits are unique forums for networking, education and the exchange of ideas — ideas that power the new world and future of Fast Data. For more information, visit https://imcsummit.org and follow the event on Twitter @IMCSummit.
About GridGain Systems
GridGain Systems is revolutionizing real-time data access and processing by offering an in-memory computing platform built on Apache® Ignite™. GridGain solutions are used by global enterprises in financial, software, e-commerce, retail, online business services, healthcare, telecom and other major sectors, with a client list that includes ING, Finastra, IHS Markit, Workday, and Huawei. GridGain delivers unprecedented speed and massive scalability to both legacy and greenfield applications. Deployed on a distributed cluster of commodity servers, GridGain software can reside between the application and data layers (RDBMS, NoSQL and Apache ™ Hadoop®), requiring no rip-and-replace of the existing databases, or it can be deployed as an in-memory transactional SQL database. GridGain is the most comprehensive in-memory computing platform for high-volume ACID transactions, real-time analytics, web-scale applications, continuous learning and HTAP. For more information, visit gridgain.com.
# # #
GridGain and the In-Memory Computing Summit are trademarks or registered trademark of GridGain Systems, Inc. Apache, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Ignite, and Ignite are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.