Join GridGain technology evangelist Akmal Chaudhri on Jan. 15 for a hands-on workshop titled, "In-Memory Computing Essentials for Data Scientists." BOSTON #ODSC is hosting this special hands-on workshop from 6-8 p.m. at CIC building, 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA (5th floor - Room Havana).
The organizers warn that there are a limited number of seats, and that pre-registration is REQUIRED.
Speaker: Akmal Chaudhri (Technology evangelist for Apache Ignite and GridGain)
In-Memory Computing Essentials for Data Scientists
6:00pm - 6:20pm - ODSC Intro, Pizza & Refreshments, Networking
6:20pm - 7:50pm - Workshop
7:50pm - 8:00pm - Q&A
Attendees will be introduced to the fundamental capabilities of in-memory computing platforms that boost highly-loaded applications, research projects, risk analysis and fraud detection tasks by storing and processing massive amounts of data in memory and on disk across a cluster of machines.
These capabilities and benefits will be demonstrated with the usage of Apache Ignite which is the in-memory computing platform that is durable, strongly consistent, and highly available with powerful SQL, key-value and processing APIs.
By the end of the workshop the attendees will learn how to:
* Deploy a distributed Apache Ignite cluster.
* Preload data into the cluster deciding how much RAM is to be available for storage needs.
* Create custom calculations and algorithms and utilize cluster’s resources for their execution.
• Solve optimizations problems by simulating the process of biological evolution.
* Apply machine learning algorithms supported by Apache Ignite.
Workshop prep: Getting ready for the workshop is fast and easy. Just follow this guide and you'll be set! https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/getting-started
• Get free access to more talks like this at LearnAI:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science/
• East Conference Apr 30 - May 3: https://odsc.com/boston
About the presenter
Akmal Chaudhri is the technology evangelist for Apache Ignite and GridGain. His role is to help build the global Apache Ignite community and raise awareness through presentations and technical writing. Akmal has over 25 years experience in IT and has previously held roles as a developer, consultant, product strategist and technical trainer. He has worked for several blue-chip companies such as Reuters and IBM, and also the Big Data startups Hortonworks (Hadoop) and DataStax (Cassandra NoSQL Database).
He has regularly presented at many international conferences and served on the program committees for a number of major conferences and workshops. He has published and presented widely and edited or co-edited 10 books. He holds a BSc (1st Class Hons.) in Computing and Information Systems, MSc in Business Systems Analysis and Design and a PhD in Computer Science. He is a Member of the British Computer Society (MBCS) and a Chartered IT Professional (CITP).