High Performance Travel Reservation Websites Using In-Memory Computing
The travel reservation industry has consistently been one of the first to leverage new technology innovations to deliver great user experiences. The rise of the internet and digital business has led most travelers to expect a seamless, personalized and real-time experience whenever they book travel. But it is not easy to deliver that experience. Consumers expect real-time responsiveness for every search and transaction. However, query volumes have grown 100-1000x over the last decade and the data used to deliver each personalized result has grown 50x or more.
The GridGain® in-memory computing platform is used by companies worldwide to deliver in-memory speed and unlimited system scalability for real-time reservation systems. Several of the innovative reservation systems in online travel such as those for HomeAway, JacTravel and TUI Group rely on GridGain travel technology to deliver a real-time, personalized, seamless end-to-end experience to their customers.
Travel Technology to Accelerate Existing Travel Reservation Systems with No Rip and Replace
GridGain is widely used as in-memory data grid (IMDG) to add speed and scalability to online travel reservation systems. The GridGain IMDG is deployed between the existing application and data layers without having to re-code applications or replace databases. It is the only in-memory data grid that provides support for ANSI-99 SQL and ACID transactions and supports all leading RDBMSs, NoSQL (such as Cassandra and MongoDB) or Hadoop™ data stores. Companies use GridGain to lower latency up to 100x, achieve linear horizontal scalability, and consistently deliver real-time performance while supporting gigabytes or even petabytes of data with no rip and replace of their underlying database.
Deliver a More Personalized, Seamless, End-to-End Travel Booking Experience
To improve the travel booking experience for customers, you have to be able to track, analyze and automate decisions in real-time during each step of the customer’s journey across any offline or digital channel. The GridGain in-memory computing platform offers an IMDG, a distributed in-memory database (IMDB), streaming analytics, and continuous learning including machine and deep learning features which are a perfect complement to your existing travel technology. Companies can use all of these capabilities as part of each transaction or interaction:
- Dynamic pricing that improves conversion rates
- Automation that increases self-service and reduces end-to-end processes
- Advanced real-time analytics that improve cross-selling and promotions
- APIs that expose these capabilities for new applications, devices and partners
Companies have used GridGain to create a more personalized, seamless, end-to-end omnichannel customer experience.
Some of GridGain's Online Travel Booking Clients
Other GridGain Travel Resources
- Using In-Memory Computing to Deliver Amazing Online Travel Reservations Experiences
- Introducing the GridGain In-Memory Computing Platform
- Choosing the Right In-Memory Computing Solution
- An Ignite Compute Grid in the Cloud by Chris Berry, HomeAway
- In Memory Computing: High Performance and Highly Efficient Web Application Scaling for the Travel Industry by Chris Goodall of CG Consultancy in his keynote at the In-Memory Computing Summit Europe 2017
- Conference Slides - Using In-Memory Grid Compute to Achieve Scalability and High Performance with Legacy Travel Applications by Francesco De Marchis of JacTravel Group