[Developer Training] How to Monitor and Manage Apache Ignite With GridGain Control Center
This two-hour, hands-on training is for those wondering how to monitor and manage Apache Ignite clusters in production: what the most important metrics are, how to set up alerting or troubleshoot performance when the cluster is under the production load, and develop queries. The list of questions and challenges related to Ignite production monitoring goes on and on. And you’ll get many of those questions covered.
During the training, you’re going to set up a management and monitoring solution based on GridGain Control Center, an enterprise-grade tool for Ignite deployments. The solution will let you perform or automate the following tasks:
- Ignite storage monitoring - includes but not limited to the memory and disk usage, checkpointing, and WAL-related I/O monitoring
- Alerts configuration and triggering - to ensure that you are notified when a crucial cluster event occurs
- Distributed tracing usage - to detect and solve bottlenecks or hot spots in operations that span multiple cluster nodes
- Query development and tips to analyze query performance statistics
Session attendees must ensure they have the setup below to successfully complete the training:
- Docker 19 or later, or Docker Desktop Community 2.3 or later
- Docker Compose 1.25.5 or later
- Java Developer Kit, version 8 or later
- Apache Maven 3.0 or later
- Your favorite IDE, such as IntelliJ IDEA, or Eclipse, or a simple text editor.
- Clone of the following repository: https://github.com/GridGain-Demos/ignite-streaming-monitoring-demo