The future looks bright for in-memory computing and GridGain Systems, with continued strong momentum for the company in the first half of 2019.
Let’s review some of GridGain’s continued key achievements so far this year compared with the same period in 2018.
The company doubled subscription sales and more than doubled sales of all products from new customers. GridGain also received a slew of major industry honors, launched innovative new products and services – and saw sharp growth in the popularity of the In-Memory Computing Summit® Europe it organizes.
- Subscription sales doubled during the first half of 2019 compared to the same period in 2018, reflecting the ever-growing number of customer solutions moving into production that are powered by the GridGain in-memory computing platform.
- Total sales from new GridGain customers more than doubled during the first half of 2019 compared to 2018, driven by strong growth in the financial services and telecommunications industries, which both increased over 250% versus 2018.
- Total sales from new European customers grew more than 150% compared to the first half of 2018, reflecting the growing demand for in-memory computing solutions throughout that region
Awards & Foundations
- Received a Silver Stevie Award for Company of the Year - Computer Software – Medium.
- Received a Bronze Stevie Award for Business Technology Product of the Year - Other
- Ranked in the Database Trends & Applications (DBTA) annual DBTA 100 2019 list of the Companies That Matter Most in Data
- Named a Finalist in the Business Intelligence Group Best Places to Work list.
- GridGain joined the Cloud Native Computing Foundation® (CNCF®) and The Linux Foundation, demonstrating its support for the CNCF with a Silver Membership and participating in the foundation’s programs and guidance related to supporting cloud native applications.
Products and Services
- GridGain introduced GridGain Developer Bundles to help accelerate digital transformations. The new Developer Bundles help companies implementing Apache Ignite or GridGain speed the development and rollout of real-time, massively scalable applications with in-depth developer training and consulting assistance with common tasks such as architectural reviews and performance optimizations. Once live, the support services included in the bundles ensure that any issues that arise in the pre-production or production deployments can be submitted to the GridGain customer engineering team for rapid resolution.
- GridGain introduced the GridGain Data Lake Accelerator, an in-memory solution for digital businesses that need to enrich operational data with historical data stored in data lakes to improve real-time analytics and decision automation. The GridGain Data Lake Accelerator is available for use with the GridGain Enterprise Edition and GridGain Ultimate Edition. A free 30-day trial of all three of these products are available from the GridGain Downloads page.
- GridGain released the GridGain Community Edition to bring production readiness to Apache Ignite. GridGain Community Edition includes the Apache Ignite code base plus patches and additional functionality developed to improve performance, reliability, security and manageability.
- GridGain introduced the first support offering for Apache Ignite. GridGain Basic Support enables companies with new or existing Apache Ignite deployments to access the deep expertise of GridGain’s support engineers to troubleshoot performance or reliability issues and identify configuration optimizations, workarounds or software patches to improve the performance of their Ignite environment.
- GridGain added automatic data persistence, high availability and immediate restarts to the GridGain Cloud In-Memory-Computing-Platform-as-a-Service. GridGain Cloud can be launched with just a few mouse clicks. It delivers in-memory speed by maintaining all data in memory and offers unlimited horizontal scalability by distributing data across a distributed cluster of servers. New nodes can be added to the cluster dynamically. The data held in memory is continually backed up to disk and is available in seconds in the event of a restart.
In-Memory Computing Thought Leadership
- The third annual In-Memory Computing Summit Europe 2019 took place June 3-4, 2019 at the Park Plaza Victoria London. More than 500 people registered, representing 271 organizations from 26 countries on 5 continents. The attendees heard speakers from 451 Research, Capital One, Cerner, Confluent, Dell Technologies, Hazelcast, Red Hat, Redislabs, ScaleOut Software, the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), GridGain Systems and more. The conference experienced a 70 percent increase in registrations compared to the 2018 event.
- GridGain announced the Call for Papers for the fifth annual In-Memory Computing Summit North America, taking place November 13-14, 2019 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport. The Call for Papers will end on July 28, 2019.
- GridGain continued its global effort to help businesses understand how in-memory computing addresses the speed and scale requirements of modern, data-intensive applications. The company hosted or participated in over a dozen of industry conferences, webinars and workshops, and organized or provided speakers for over 20 meetups around the world.