The promise of hyperlocal advertising is in targeting people at exactly the right place and time, delivering offers they are very likely to accept. With GridGain, services are being built to deliver the right ad at exactly the right moment, turning browsers into buyers:
- Hyperlocal advertising platforms aim to serve a market potentially worth $100 billion annually.
- New ventures in the hyperlocal advertising market will need to leverage massive volumes of a variety of high velocity and contextual data.
- GridGain solves the significant technical challenges like no other, and with far lower total cost of implementation and ownership.
To succeed, hyperlocal advertising platforms must leverage massive volumes of globally distributed data including geo-location, proximity, facial recognition and RFID sensor data, contextual and behavioral patterns in both general and highly personalized individual contexts, current trends and sentiment, social network influences and real-time offers from millions of businesses and advertisers.
- Data and computation must be highly available, distributed and scalable, with extremely low-latency.
- Load aggregate and historical data in memory, process streaming location data in real time, and use high performance MapReduce to fuse everything.
- Leading in-memory platform for high performance and low latency.
- Exponentially faster than spinning disks.
- Streaming MapReduce.
- Lower cost, simple licensing options.
You may also download PDF version of this case study: